Brighton Center for Recovery is one of America’s oldest and most experienced substance abuse treatment facilities and a member of St. John Providence Health System. As a nonprofit organization, charitable donations are vital to helping Brighton Center for Recovery assist those in need of addiction recovery. Our mission is to fight drug and alcohol addiction, and we do this with the help of donations from the community.
How to Donate
There are many ways to give a charitable contribution to benefit Brighton Center for Recovery’s addiction treatment programs. You may use cash, check or a credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express) to make your donation.
Online: Use our secure online donation form.
By Mail: Print our donation form (PDF format; Adobe Acrobat Reader required) and send completed form via mail with your check or credit card information to:
St. John Providence Health System Foundations
P.O. Box 673271
Detroit, MI 48267-3271
Please make checks payable to SJPHS Foundations.
By Fax: Print our donation form and submit completed form with credit card information via fax to: 313-343-7487.
For more information, please call 313-343-7480.
Your Donations to Brighton Center for Recovery Help in Many Ways
When you make a contribution to Brighton Center for Recovery, you become an important partner in providing exemplary care for patients and families recovering from addiction. Your charitable contributions help us:
- Enhance our health care facilities. Our campus exceeds 90 acres including Lake Serenity, wooded areas, and historic structures. Clinical facilities continually need updating and restoration to keep pace with hospital innovations and patient care needs.
- Help patients who need additional days of residential care. In the world of alcohol and substance abuse, detoxification, and healing, research shows a clear correlation between the length of stay in a rehabilitation center and the long-term success of a patient’s recovery. Insurance carriers, however, do not reimburse behavioral health and substance abuse programs as generously as they cover a patient’s medical and surgical needs. The Brighton Center for Recovery Patient Extended Care Fund provides for this gap.
- Provide continuing education opportunities for our drug and alcohol treatment staff. The Brighton Center for Recovery Addiction Fellowship, created in 2006, is America’s first clinically based addiction fellowship program. It increases the quality and quantity of medical staff and supports the vision of Brighton Center for Recovery as a national center of excellence and an innovator in alcohol and drug treatment and education.
- Collaborate research programs with leading medical and nursing schools. Funds are needed to sponsor research programs and develop the resources necessary to apply for grants from government agencies and foundations.
- Provide scholarships for our youth drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. Through regional partnership, the Teen Drug Rehab Program enables more teens, ages 13-17, and their families to get the help they desperately need. Scholarships provide assessment, intensive outpatient treatment for three months and aftercare.
- Fund many other programs, such as the clergy recovery series, 30-day residential treatment series, halfway house expansions, restoration of the Ludington Peace Center, and the relocation and expansion of the gift shop and bookstore, all which keep Brighton Center for Recovery a leader in drug and alcohol treatment and the rehabilitation center of choice over other highly regarded chemical dependency programs.
Ways to Contribute
There are several ways to make a contribution to Brighton Center for Recovery.
- Contribute to Projects Needing Support
Brighton Center for Recovery seeks contributions from friends and donors for many initiatives. (Please refer back to the “How to Donate” section above or contact us at 313-343-7480 to learn more about how you can help.
- Contribute to the Tree of Hope
Located in the Medical Building main lobby, the Tree of Hope is a way to make a contribution and create a permanent memorial for a loved one. Contributions support the Patient Extended Care Fund for patients unable to pay privately for additional care needed.
- Contribute at Fundraising Events
Brighton Center for Recovery’s special events help solicit contributions and raise funds needed for programs and facilities, patients without insurance coverage, and training and research.
- Contribute as a Volunteer
In addition to financial contributions, many people choose to donate their time as volunteers. Volunteers are a significant part of new beginnings for many patients and families.
- Contribute through a Planned Gift
You can provide for your own financial security while offering philanthropic support to Brighton Center for Recovery by establishing a planned gift through wills and bequests, real estate, retirement assets, charitable lead trusts, appreciated stock, charitable remainder trusts and life insurance. Income received through trusts and other gifts allows us to continue to be a leading source of recovery through prevention, patient care, aftercare, education and research. To learn more about making a planned gift, please call 313-343-7480.
Note: Brighton Center for Recovery is a 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the limits allowed by law for non-profit donations.
Disclaimer: The information on this site does not constitute legal or tax advice. As with all tax and estate planning, please consult your attorney or financial advisor.